Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
85% Testing quality with an eye on thoroughness
10% Product line changes
5% Decisions based on tests
Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical or chemical characteristics. Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures. Records and evaluates data to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards. Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability. Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills – Should have knowledge of Touch Screen Monitors and Machine Operating Computers manufacturing software; ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Mathematical Skills – Must be able to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Attitude – can handle highly-paced environment; can multi-task and remain even-keeled in potentially stressful situations.